Who gets Career Coaching?
Everyone from the C-Suite to Senior/Middle and Lower management along with lower entry-level will benefit from career coaching sessions from Carmel O’Keeffe
Why do people get Career Coaching?
- Feeling stuck in their current roles
- Would like to move on and explore other career options
- Returning to work after maternity leave, feeling less confident than when you went on leave?
- Feeling overwhelmed with their workload
- Stressful work conditions
- A knot in your stomach every morning (not only on Mondays) going to work
- Imposter Syndrome
- For one reason or another, relations with your manager have deteriorated?
- Is career progression no longer available?
Outcomes of Career Coaching
Provides clarity of vision in your career
Helps to move forward in a positive way and with resilience
The Career Coaching Process
The first part of the career coaching process is all about self-assessment. You will learn about your personality, interests, aptitudes and values.
We will use certain tools to identify these.
It is a process of exploration and discovery.
We deep dive into your skills and strengths and ask, what is your WHY?
Think about how you might answer:
What words do others use to describe me?
- Have you pushed yourself to achieve things that go above and beyond?
- What are my values; what is the benefit of living by them and, how can I ensure that I do so?
- How have I been successful? What traits enabled this success?
- Have you ever changed the way you did something having received feedback?
- How can you identify transferable skills from your achievements?
You will learn about your..
- Interests and work-related values
- Aptitudes in preferred work environments
- You will learn to recognize that there are some non-negotiables
- Learn how to pivot
I explore 5 Career Coaching areas
Preferred Work Environments
Set up a system to keep a record of your job searches
Identify what roles you are most interested in and identify a few alternatives
What could stop you?
How will you prepare for a transition from an existing career?
What will that take?
Are further education/upskilling necessary?
What are the non-negotiables?
Identify your personal Brand
Write a POA (Plan of Action)
Identify long and short term career goals.
What will it take to reach your ultimate goal
- 1 hour Session
Career Coaching Package
- 6 x 1 hour Sessions